Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - ME TV showing all of the old classics

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

ME TV showing all of the old classics

The forum to discuss our hypnotic box. Talk old-time television to what's on this very minute.

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

ME TV showing all of the old classics

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 17th, 2013, 11:10 pm

Wow, if you've got cable TV, check out ME TV, here's the "detroit" link,,,,

http://metvnetwork.com/

Me TV airs all the old classic tV shows from the 60's to the 80's. I was watching episodes of Combat and much to my amazement, 12-O'Clock High. They list somewhere around 40 old TV shows, let me tell you, it really takes me back. (yeah, reminds me how old I am)

Now for you Lunk, I see they air old episodes of Svengali, the old horror movie host.

Just through I'd post this, you just don't see these old classics anymore, especially with all the 500 channels of the same old thing.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Re: ME TV showing all of the old classics

Postby Lunkhead on February 22nd, 2013, 9:28 am

I watch ME TV quite a bit. We also get Antenna TV and another new one called COZI TV. They all feature lots of great, old shows. I especially like ME TV on Sunday nights with their 'noir' lineup. At 10, they show THRILLER followed by 2 TWILIGHT ZONES. Then, THE FUGITIVE is on at midnight and NAKED CITY after that. I loved THE FUGITIVE and try to stay awake for that. Sometimes I make it. Sometimes not. If I'm having a bad night of insomnia, I make it all the way to PETER GUNN at 2am, lol.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on February 24th, 2013, 8:53 pm

Lunkhead wrote: If I'm having a bad night of insomnia, I make it all the way to PETER GUNN at 2am, lol.

Ha! That sounds like me! Sometimes I'll curl up on the sofa in the evening and accidently fall asleep only to awaken up at about 3AM, yeah, just in time for Combat with Vic Morral. That's if I don't have to be at work in the morning.

You know, I actually liked the Twilight Zone, I got to catch that sometime.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Postby Lunkhead on February 25th, 2013, 9:45 am

I've caught a couple episodes of COMBAT & 12 O'CLOCK HIGH on ME too. I sure remember watching them as a kid. When my friends and I played 'Army', everyone wanted to be Sgt. Saunders. I always thought it was tragic how Vic Morrow (and a young child actor) actually died during the filming of THE TWILIGHT ZONE MOVIE (1982).
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby MOSUGOJI on March 7th, 2013, 11:27 pm

I'm usually watching ME TV on Saturday nights when they show all the cool old scifi shows and Svengooli. It's too bad that he only has part of the Universal movie package and not others. He could use some more variety.
MOSUGOJI
Pumpkinbrain

Return to Boob Tube