Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - #15 - DISORDER IN THE COURT (1936)

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

#15 - DISORDER IN THE COURT (1936)

The shorts and nothing but the shorts (Stooge shorts that is). Slowly we'll post - short by short, week by week. The current short is A DUCKING THEY DID GO

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

#15 - DISORDER IN THE COURT (1936)

Postby Lunkhead on November 6th, 2005, 8:10 pm

The famous public domain short comes in at #15. It's probably my second favorite short - hysterical from start to finish. Moe, Larry & Curly are in top form in this courtroom entry, turning the tides of justice upside-down while trying to help clear Gail Tempest (Susan Karaan) of a murder rap. Moe is a violent madman here, squashing Curly's head in a letterpress, wickedly slapping Larry (here's fivesies) and yanking his hair, and shooting that feller's tarantula toupee. Larry has his great Tarzan yell, supplies fine violin accompaniment and every time I see him try and bash the parrot with the mallet, all I can think of is: Larry Fine, Bird Killer (just kiddin :laugh1: ) And what can I say about Sir Curlington here: simply awesome with the "take off your hat, raise your right hand bit" and testimony. Plus, he just had to chew that gum, didn't he :happy1: (note closely Curly's finger motions while chewin - love it). DISORDER ranks high on fan's favorite lists, and with good reason: It's one of their funniest ever.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Lunkhead on December 10th, 2005, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on November 8th, 2005, 5:54 pm

So many funny things in this short, Curly decimates the witness stand unlike anything else.

Bailiff,,,,"Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?
Judge,,,,"Why don't you answer him?"
Curly,,,,"He's talking pig-Latin, I don't know what he's saying."
Judge,,,,"He's asking you if you swear,,,,,"
Curly,,,,"No, but I know all the words."

Bailiff,,,,"Address the judge as your honor."
Curly,,,,"Well it was like this, my honor."
Bailiff,,,,"Not my honor. Your honor."
Curly,,,,"What's the matter? Don't you like em?"

Polly,,,,"Find the letter, find the letter."
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

YESH!

Postby Xenorama on November 13th, 2005, 4:59 pm

this is my favorite, it was the first Stooge short i ever saw. i wonder how it fell into the PD. what more can ya add?

"it's a doiby!"

David
remind me to annihilate you later.

stop on by my message board:

Xenorama Board
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama
Daci's human

PD

Postby Lunkhead on November 20th, 2005, 10:24 am

i wonder how it fell into the PD

From what I've heard, someone was asleep on the job when the renewal for this and the other 3 PDs were due. Merely an oversight.
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on November 24th, 2005, 11:21 am

I still want that letter press as a conversation piece in my home.

I never understood why the killer would write a letter stating that he killed Kurt Robbin ?!
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

well

Postby Xenorama on November 24th, 2005, 12:24 pm

as Batman says, "criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot" and apparently pretty stupid as well! :laugh1:

David

Xenorama Board
Xenorama
Daci's human

Postby Lunkhead on November 25th, 2005, 11:56 am

LOL!!
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby jamiemark on December 11th, 2005, 12:21 pm

THE most known of all the Stooge shorts, due to the public domain thing.
"Drop the vernacular!!!"
"What's another word for scrutiny.......
scrutiny"
jamiemark
Pumpkinbrain

Postby RedKing on February 10th, 2006, 8:59 am

Absolutely one of the best ever.believe it or not, for a long time, i didn't like this one and the other 3 PD shorts because of overexposure to it through all the public domain copies out there! However, that's long past. This is one of the Stooges finest hours. Now even though it's PD, Columbia apparently still has it in the vaults as they've released it on one of their DVDs. It's also on a recent disc from Fox along with the other 3 PD shorts that has them colorized and in black and white and these are the best i've ever seen these shorts look. They even look good in color. The down side is the disc is hosted by a bunch of porcupines, one is from MST3K and they deliver the stupidest "funny" intros i've ever seen. luckily you can watch the disc without these appleheads.

Moe:"I say Jasper, What comes after 75?"
Larry:"76"
Moe:"That's the spirit!"
Dirty look from Prosecutor

Bud:"It would take the strength of a mule to pull the trigger of this rusty instrument of destruction!"
Moe to Curly:"Pull the trigger."
Curly"I'm no mule!"
Moe:"No, your ears are too short!" Smack!
Curly:"So i'm a mule!"
Moe: "What are you-an idiot, an imbecile, a moron?"
Larry:"I'll give you 10 to 1 I'm in there someplace!"
RedKing
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on February 10th, 2006, 8:19 pm

Definitely one of the boys' all time greats. They're really on top of their game here.

I have that color/B&W disk you mentioned. The quality of the shorts is really good, but I totally agree with you about the intros. I watched about one minute and was disgusted with their mock-Shemp-bashing. Not funny at all. All they kept saying was, "Stupid Shemp. Yeah, stupid Shemp." I kept thinking, "Nah, stupid you. Stupid you. Ya wouldn't make a pimple on Shemp's heiny. :spitter: Go back to something you're just as bad at - mocking films like REVENGE OF THE CREATURE & THIS ISLAND EARTH".

Menu button please! :beadyeyes:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby RedKing on February 14th, 2006, 12:57 pm

Exactly what I was thinking on that disc Lunk. MST3K was bad enough, but this was just plain bad all around! First off, Shemp bashing gets me riled up to begin with, but if you are going to do it, at least have some kind of reason! the "writing" for the skits was just horrid, even when they weren't bashing Shemp. If I was an exec at Fox home Video and i saw this crap after I had paid them the budget money and everything, i'd have sued them for breach of contract! " it says right here the material is supposed to be a comecy intro!" :haughty: So glad you can watch the disc without having to watch those idiots. :mad:
RedKing
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Lunkhead on February 15th, 2006, 9:12 pm

So glad you can watch the disc without having to watch those idiots.

Amen to that RedKing. Those segments aside, I'm still glad to have it for the better prints (and the colorized versions are guilty pleasures for something different). :smile2:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby RedKing on February 17th, 2006, 1:57 pm

I like the color versions my self, as well as the two similar discs Columbia put out. As long as they also put the original black and white versions on the discs so we can watch both versions, i don't mind them being colorized at all. The colorization process also seems to have improved a great deal since they first started doing it back in the 80s, it looks more natural now.
RedKing
Pumpkinbrain

Postby Wilytank on September 7th, 2006, 7:57 pm

Gets a 9 out of 10!

If you didn't watch it, well to be honest with ya you should pretty much be ashamed of your self...

And I'll squeeze the cider out of your adam's apple! :moe3:
Official spammer executioner
My tools of execution...
Wilytank
Termite

d'oh!

Postby Xenorama on April 7th, 2007, 3:25 pm

i'm a numbskull! never mind then! (Paul will know what i'm talking about)

David

Xenorama Board
Xenorama
Daci's human

Next

Return to The Shorts