Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lunkhead/www/www/board/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
 Lunkhead's Lair • View topic - Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction

Lunkhead's Lair

Stooge & Monster Forums

Skip to content

Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction

General talk about any old ting. Let's yak!

Moderator: DangerkittyToTheRescue

Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction

Postby Preston on December 31st, 2005, 9:40 pm

Did anybody hear that scientists might be DEmoting the planet Pluto from its status as a planet to an asteroid? Because it appears that Pluto does NOT answer the qualifications for a planet. After all, beyond the orbit of Pluto is the Kuiper Belt which consists of very many asteroids, all of which orbit. So if you use the criterion of orbital movement as a qualification for a planet, then all those DOZENS of Kuiper bodies would be categorized as planets too. But then if they are Not, then Neither should Pluto be categorized as a planet.
What if a celestial body has a moon or moons? No, that's Not a qualification either. Because Mercury and Venus have No moons,but they are categorized as planets.
Preston
Mutant

Poor Pluto

Postby Lunkhead on December 31st, 2005, 9:56 pm

I did read about that somewhere. Being a sentimental space cadet, I'd feel bad if Pluto gets demoted. :crying2: Let it slide I say!
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on January 1st, 2006, 1:52 am

An interesting subject, either way.

Would it be difficult to demote Pluto since it has been considered a planet for such a long time? I remember in grade school that before the discovery, scientists knew that there was a 9th planet out there because something was effecting the orbit of Neptune.

Here is an interesting link to the solar system.
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

SUPER SOAKER TOY

Postby Preston on February 8th, 2006, 5:07 pm

Actual news report on the popular Water-gun: Two physicians, in a note in the Canadian Medical Association Journal, wrote glowingly of the ability of the Super Soaker Max-D 5000 squirt weapon to quickly and safely loosen severely impacted Ear Wax (knowledge learned from an emergency use when No standard ear-syringing equipment was available). In fact,they wrote, since the Super Soaker holds much more water than the standard equipment, using it would actually shorten patients' office visits. (However,the Super Soaker was obviously not anticipated for medical use; its awkward design assured that patient and doctor would be drenched by excess spray.) (As I said, that is an actual report in the CANADIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION JOURNAL.)

Speaking for Myself(namely Preston), when I clean out my own ear-wax, I'm so clumsy that even though I use the STANDARD rubber-bulb, I STILL drench myself, so the medical report is understandable.
Preston
Mutant

Postby Lunkhead on February 8th, 2006, 5:36 pm

LOL! I hear ya! :ears:
"I'm telling you man. Who is on first."

Image Image
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Home Sweet Home

Postby Preston on February 18th, 2006, 6:28 pm

Due to the housing shortage here, there was a local classified ad where somebody was actually renting out a CLOSET to be used for Living space, yes, LIVING space. The ad said "This space is best for someone who doesn't stay at home much, and literally just needs a bed to crash. We did some tests with a metal bar so you can definitely 'lock' your door for full privacy. Obviously there is limited storage space. Closet to be rented for just $100 a month." Many people responded to the ad, and so somebody got the closet immediately.
(Home Sweet Home. lol)
Preston
Mutant

Re: Home Sweet Home

Postby Lunkhead on February 19th, 2006, 5:44 pm

Sounds like it ain't the lap of luxury!

Imagine having a friend over and then getting into a disagreement => :pain_in_butt:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Cepelin on February 25th, 2006, 9:31 am

Cepelin

Postby Lunkhead on February 25th, 2006, 3:34 pm

Welcome Cepelin!
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

backgammon oddity

Postby Preston on February 28th, 2006, 8:30 pm

Backgammon Oddity. Did you know that about twenty years ago, a gaming-company manufactured Backgammon boards whose shape was Round? Unfortunately, the undertaking failed miserably. Actually,though, if you really think about it, the Round shape makes more sense than the Rectangular, because the playing-pieces move in a Clock-wise direction, therefore round. So for me, I would have of course preferred the Round version. But the sales for that version were so poor that even to this day,I still canNot find any of those Round boards.
Preston
Mutant

German Funerals

Postby Preston on March 4th, 2006, 10:09 pm

Macabre but True. Did you know that in Germany that Funerals are so expensive that many of the Bodies have to be transported to Poland to be buried. Macabre but True.
Preston
Mutant

"generous" restaurant

Postby Preston on March 19th, 2006, 4:52 am

All I know for sure about the location of this Restaurant is that it's found here in the USA but I don't remember the specific state. What makes this Restaurant offbeat is that it offers FREE meals to anybody who just got a Divorce! Lunk, I know you're happily married, so this would Not apply to you. But I'm still left wondering why that Restaurant originated that practice.
Preston
Mutant

Postby Lunkhead on March 21st, 2006, 10:02 pm

I love reading these. Thanks for posting them Preston. :2thumbs:
Lunkhead
Grand Imbezzle

Postby Preston on March 27th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Did you know that there is a clear passage-way from the back of your nose to the inside of your mouth? Due to that aforementioned fact, there is a carnival stunt where you can insert a string into your nose and then run that string into your throat, then finally make that same string exit out your mouth! It takes practice, and I don't think everybody can do it. Because when I tried several times, I still failed.

There was a performer from India who went even better. What he did was insert a Living-Snake! What a startling sight to see a live-snake wiggling into his nose, then wiggling out his mouth.

If any of you are able to do the String stunt, maybe you can give me some pointers as to how I can succeed. But please don't tell me to do the Snake bit. Just the String is enough for me, thank you.
Preston
Preston
Mutant

Postby DangerkittyToTheRescue on March 27th, 2006, 11:08 pm

I thought that I saw something like that on Maximum Exposure where some guy have a LED light on a wire that lit up his entire nasal cavity as he was pushing it through.
Ok, now that I lost my appetite,,,, how about those sword swallowers?
DangerkittyToTheRescue
Porcupine

Next

Return to Open Discussion